WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

Mark Wendt wendt at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Sat Nov 2 16:38:33 AKST 2002

Rick,

         Maybe so, but as I mentioned before, the benefits for the dollars
outlaid didn't match for me.  I've flown a grand total of two times since
September 11th last year, when our field was shut down because it was on a
military installation.  We didn't get our field back until late June of
this year.  It's kind of hard to generate motivation to fly pattern when
your practise area is closed.  The NSRCA has been looking for reasons to
get and keep people in the organization.  I wrote some of the reasons why I
was no longer a member.  I still like many of the folks in the SIG, have
flown with them in the past, and hope to fly with them in the future.  As I
mentioned in a previous post, I've been pretty much a lurker on the list,
not contributing because I felt I didn't have much to contribute.  I only
mentioned the gift horse analogy to the person who felt that he didn't want
a dues paying member in the NSRCA who only wanted to belong because of the
K-Factor.  Why turn away someone who's willing to pay the money, just so
they can receive the newsletter/magazine?  Just didn't make sense to me.

Mark

# discussion-request at nsrca.org