WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Nov 2 12:16:11 AKST 2002

In a message dated 11/2/2002 6:21:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
weedon at wwnet.net writes:

> Subj: RE: WAS - KFactor Now "Members"
>  Date: 11/2/2002 6:21:33 AM Eastern Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:weedon at wwnet.net">weedon at wwnet.net</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:discussion at nsrca.org">discussion at nsrca.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> Gene,
>  Raise the dues to $45 and see what happens. It's called "economics". Every
> young freshman in Business College knows about the "Cost v.s. Quantity"
> charts. Eight dollars dosen't mean much to you or me, but to the large
> number of inactive members that we used to have, that supported us with
> their dues, it meant they no longer saw the need to rejoin, and didn't.
> Further, we have some on this list (I'll leave unnamed) who haven't renewed
> in some time, because they just can't justify $38 to recieve a monthly
> contest report.
>  Tom W.

A lot of folks would drive cross town to buy gas at the station that charges
a couple cents less per gallon of gas, rather than go down to their corner
station.

Every dollar we could save the members, is well worth saving.

Tom, as you know, I have mentioned this to the board a couple times, in a
couple different formats, so now may be the time to mention it to the general
membership:

I started an experiment in D3 contests, by requesting a 5$ rebate on contest
entry fees to all NSRCA members.  Non-NSRCA members pay full price.

So far, it seems like it has worked in about one out of three contests.
Basically it requires buy-in by the CD's, therefore I urge the CD's to
consider this simple way of managing your contests. In D3, I am hoping for
more CD participation in 2003, as the word spreads.

Matt K