WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at attbi.com
Sat Nov 2 04:51:57 AKST 2002

Tom,

I do believe you've seen the light!!! Cost vs. Quantity (you neglected
/Quality in your equation). I content that the issue at hand isn't pure
Costs but a lack of Quantity/Quality. An extra $8 or $10 or even $15 per
annum in the socio-economic strata that pattern tends to draw from is not,
IMHO, going to be a deterrent AS LONG AS the perceived benefit remains AT
LEAST constant, IMHO. My contention is that the benefits of membership in
the organization, i.e. quantity of the "K-Factor"/quality of the leadership
etc., have failed to meet the expectations of its current members, let alone
the newcomer.

If you were to raise the dues to $45 WITHOUT improving, I agree many would
bolt. But I don't believe that it would be purely as a result of the
increased dues. I've hung around because I think there are people who are
trying desperatly to correct the problems.

Gene Maurice
AMA 3408
NSRCA 877