K-Factor Pattern an invisible group

Linda Carnes flyinglady at mypccrashed.com
Fri Nov 1 07:22:12 AKST 2002

In the Oct 2000 issue was an article on inexpensive Pattern Planes.

While many of us tend to spend a lot, we need to emphasize to new comers
that there are many planes out there well below 600 dollars setup, such as
the World Model Intruder, Tai-Ji 40 and Zen 50.

This is where I started with the Intruder and a Futaba T6, later I moved to
the Tai-Ji 60 and the Futaba 8U, Now I will be flying the 2 meter Tai-Ji and
a Futaba 9Z.

Money in a plane and equipment will not make me a better pilot, burning fuel
will regardless of what I fly.

Get new comers started with reasonable equipment and they usually will
become hooked.

Sincerely

Linda Carnes

NSRCA 3197