New Focus Question

Bob Pastorello rcaerobob at cox.net
Fri Nov 1 04:06:39 AKST 2002

Big changes as you slow the airplane.  Greater AOA will be needed to
generate adequate lift; means higher stalling speed....can be a "not good"
thing.
    Vertical challenge - takes a lot more horses to pull a full pound
straight up, dealing with that kind of percentage.
    Snaps will be impacted, too, as it will be easier to get too deeply
stalled, and more difficult to recover/power up to keep things looking good.

Of course, I only know these things because every airplane I've had since
1997 had been over 11 lb, but hasn't been anywhere NEAR 12.5 lb!  That's a
bunch for a pattern design.

And the Aires SHOULD be well under 11 lbs.  We hope.

Bob Pastorello
NSRCA 199, AMA 46373
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net