17th Annual Hi-Desert Winter Pattern Classic

Jerry Budd jbudd at QNET.COM
Sat Dec 28 19:00:13 AKST 2002

Hi all,

Here's the contest info for our upcoming pattern contest, the first
of the season in the SouthWest (and maybe even the first in the
country!).  I have listed rules deviations from "standard" in Bold
text below.  Please eMail me with any questions/additional info
needed (the webpage listed will be updated as necessary).

Thx, Jerry

17th Annual Hi-Desert Winter Pattern Classic
February 1 & 2, 2003
Antelope Valley Model Airpark - Lancaster, California

http://av.qnet.com/~jbudd/17th_Annual.html

AMA Sanctioned, Class "AA"
- Classes: 401, 402, 403, 404 & 406 (FAI will fly schedule P-03)
- Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced, Masters, & FAI-F3A
- Any AMA legal aircraft eligible for Sportsman class, flown gear down.
- 5 Kg weight limit waived for all classes.
- All scores will be normalized to the average score for that round.
- Two flight lines will be used, with 6 rounds to be flown (weather
permitting).

Registration begins at 8:30 A.M., Contest begins at 9:00 A.M.
(Sunday, 8:00 A.M.)
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places
- Entree Fee: $25 Sportsman, All other classes: $35
- Please email pre-entry info: Name, Address, AMA#, Class, Frequency/Channel#

Breakfast & Lunch will be available at the field!
Jerry Budd, CD (661) 943-4970, evenings and weekends, or mailto:jbudd at qnet.com

Accommodations: Camping available at the field. No hookups
For current local weather information, click here: http://weather.qnet.com/

SNOWBIRDS WELCOME!!!

The Antelope Valley Model Airpark is located about three miles
northeast of the city of Lancaster, California.  Lancaster is
approximately 65 miles north of Los Angeles on the 14 Freeway.  For
info on the flying site (including an aerial photo and a map showing
the location of the field):  http://www.avti.org

Directions to the Antelope Valley Model Airpark are as follows:

 From the 14 Freeway, exit at Avenue G, 2 miles north of Lancaster.
Turn east on Avenue G and go about two miles to a stop sign at Sierra
Hwy. Continue east on Avenue G about one mile, crossing over Sierra
Hwy (and the railroad tracks) to a stop sign at Division Street.
Continue east on Avenue G one mile to Challenger Way (aka 10th Street
East). Turn left (north) on Challenger Way. The flying field entrance
is 3/4 mile north of Avenue G, on the right side. There is a gate
that is normally locked, but will be open from Thursday night on for
those who wish to arrive early for practice. If you wish to arrive
earlier, contact me in advance, and I'll give you the combination to
the lock (just don't tell anyone!).

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jbudd at qnet.com