Dec K-Factor

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Dec 26 10:45:55 AKST 2002

Bill & Del,
Don't go jumping to conclusions. I can be just as devious as the next guy(although
I'm working on that)
I didn't leave out the weight on purpose as I had previously done a review,posted to
the list, on the build aspect of the focus in which I had stated the weight of my
finished bird.Off the top of my head I can't remember the exact number, but I think
it was 10 pounds 9 ounces. I did use the stock landing gear legs and the wheel pants
are installed. I also used a fairly heavy pipe(non-CF) and fittings which made me
feel, at the time, that it is probable to achieve a 10 pound or less all-up
destination with a little effort, but I'm not sure it would be all that beneficial
as I feel that the correct wing-loading target is more crucial.Get that buggar too
light and the wind can make you look like you need a lot of practice.
Oh, BTW, I didn't even send that article in to the K. John Avery requested and I
acquiesced to his taking it off the list.I did send him the pic as he also
requested. He really seems to be a neat individual.I like the way he comes across.
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org