Ailerons size

george kennie geobet at gis.net
Fri Dec 20 09:21:41 AKST 2002

Claude,
Think about a fun-fly. Does a fun-fly snap? Like crazy, huh? Does a fun-fly have big ailerons(surfaces)? I think you're probably getting the picture. If you reduce the size of the ailerons, you'll defeat the reason you shortened the wing. My recommendation would be to clip the wing(shoot for, right around 1000 sq.inches. If it's a tad under it's still O.K.) and stick with the original size ailerons.Stab area can also enter into the equation.
Remember all the guys, a few years back, enlarging  the stab of the Typhoon and then discovering that the thing wouldn't snap or spin worth a darn. There's more, but I don't want to come across as a know-it-all(even though everybody allready knows that).Best of luck.
Georgie

# discussion-request at nsrca.org