Swallow

Dan Curtis warrior523 at mchsi.com
Mon Dec 16 22:54:49 AKST 2002

Two flyers at our local club are currently flying Swallows.  Both are powered with YS .91's.  I was able to fly one of them for a couple of flights and it was rather pleasant to fly.  Without sounding like a RCM ARF report, it did manage all the basics nicely.  Knife edge/point rolls were very nice and it has a very good soft/smooth elevator.  Downlines were pretty darn straight and the .91 provided good vertical performance.  It would be a nice plane for Sportsman and Intermediate and I would not have any qualms about recommending it for a practice plane through Masters.  There maybe some other designs that would fill the bill better than this plane but for the price it is a pretty darn nice and this is coming from a fellow that does not like ARF's.

Oh, it comes in a colorful box, with all the parts neatly packed blah blah blah...:)

Dan