Colombo Wide Body

Tomic, Stephen stomic at CoorsTek.com
Mon Dec 16 13:36:55 AKST 2002

Tom,
I've just started on mine,(early Christmas present.  The kit seems above
average - only dislikes are the fiberglass work seems slightly below average
and the instructions are far below average( But real pattern dudes don't
need instructions ! . . . right :)).  For $200, you can't beat it.  I'll
have more info in a couple of weeks.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas C. Weedon [mailto:weedon at wwnet.net]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 2:43 PM
To: NSRCA Discussion List
Subject: Colombo Wide Body

I was talking to a new pattern fellow this week end and he explained to me
the new plane that he is building this winter. It is called a "Wide Body"
from Colombo Anderson in Argentina. It is sold by Planes Plus (web site
www.planesplus.com) The 60/90 size kit is only $199. This seems to be a very
good price and it looks like it may be a great pattern plane for a beginner
of someone with limited funds. Apparently, there will also be a 120/140 size
kit available soon. My question is; has anyone some first hand knowledge
about this plane/ kit? A review can be seen in Jan, 2003, MA, page 148. I
believe we all would like to know more about new airplanes on the market
that can help us reach out to new pattern interested fellows.
Curious;
Tom W.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org
# discussion-request at nsrca.org