Annex

RC Steve Sterling rcsteve at tcrcm.org
Sat Dec 14 11:56:29 AKST 2002

Hi Ron--
Humm .... after your note below, I was worried that the system wasn't
working, so I went in and did a search on allison, used the parameters:
Last Name | Like | Allison <end> in the search criteria fields.
He popped right up.
Also tried Isaquah-- actually, I wasn't sure how to spell Isaquah, so I used
City | Like | Is% <end> (percent is a wild card)
I got back every person in a city starting with "is", but in the list was
both Rick and Joanie.

One trick is to use the "Like" operator instead of the "Equals" operator.
Equals is absolute, including case, has to match perfectly. "Like" is case
independent, and will grab everything that is close.

Try it again and see what you get. Also, if you have trouble, feel free to
call me and I'll try and help out. There is also the reality that we might
find a bug or two. Maureen, who uses more than anybody, finds one every
month or two. We didn't spend multi-millions to find every bug, like
Microsoft does!

Steve Sterling
Web Team DBA