Crystals

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Thu Dec 12 09:59:51 AKST 2002

Tony S can give you the tech detail, but receivers are tuned circuits. The
crystal is key to creating the reference frequency used to filter the
signal picked up on the antenna.  The crystal sets up the basic reference
frequency and the circuitry around it can only be used for a narrow range,
or band, of frequencies.  The futaba receivers come in two types that have
components that tune each to a different band.  You can put a low freq
crystal in a high band receiver, but you'll have a detuned system, reduced
range, and possible signal lock loss.  I wouldn't do it.

--Lance

"Jeff Hughes" <jhughes at hsonline.net>
Sent by: discussion-request at nsrca.org
12/11/2002 01:43 PM