Annex

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Wed Dec 11 06:19:27 AKST 2002

Tony
We/The NSRCA took a vote to add an annex system to our rules change request I
would personally hope that the NSRCA pursues the change to an annex system
for several reasons all of which have to do with the advancement and growth
of pattern. But unfortunately I think that the NSRCA vote because of the way
it was presented could be misleading. In order to better understand our
position I offer the following analysis and comments.

The patterns that we fly must provide a challenge to all participants and
must be changed from time to time to create and maintain interest and
minimize boredom.

The AMA rules change system was designed to meet these needs and maintain a
democratic system which will provide fairness, stability and equality to all.
Failure or success of any plan is measured by the ability to react in a
positive manner to the ever changing requirements in present day activity,
advancements in technology and the needs of the membership.

In the world today failure or success is also measured by the ability to
react to these needs in a timely manner and devise solutions which will
insure progress.
For that reason I believe any annex system should be designed to afford the
ability to react and make changes as soon and as often as they are required
which is difficult under the present system.
Now back to the survey vote. If the vote would have indicated that the
membership wanted
the ability to change the patterns or make revisions more often than the
present three year cycle then I would have to say that the annex system would
be the way to go, since this is not the case the only advantage of the annex
system would to be that the NSRCA  would be able to change the patterns
without going through the rigorous rules change procedure every  three years
but since AMA is now saying that they will require CB approval even that
advantage is eliminated.
This being the case I think we accomplish nothing by adding an annex system
at this time.
 I hate to say it but I think we went off half cocked, and think we should
regroup, define our needs and goals and proceed from there toward a more
positive solution.

Buddy Brammer