spbyrum spbyrum at hiwaay.net
Mon Dec 9 10:45:16 AKST 2002

John

Sgt Maj Richard Witt is a converted pattern pilot.  He's like an bad
ex-smoker.  Richard sport flew for over 15 years and complained twice
every summer because the pattern flyers were keeping him off the field
for a weekend.  About 4 years ago, we talked him into going the
Huntsville, AL just to watch.  The uppity pattern pilots answered all
his questions and treated him like an actual human.  He was bitten hard.
He flies Intermediate and SPA Sportsman.  If anyone can stir things a
bit, he can.  He's been to the local field a couple times, but has not
seen much beyond trainers and a couple aerobatic arfs.  We'll see what
happens.

Steve Byrum