Annex Proposal

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Sun Dec 8 15:55:47 AKST 2002

ANDY HERIDER wrote:

>I want to let you know about another SIG that had trouble with the AMA. The LSF (League of Silent Flight) a few years back had a riff with the AMA. The AMA didn't want to listen to the LSF on some of their proposals. The LSF then retaliated against the AMA by holding their own nationals at a different location non affiliated with the AMA. The AMA then realized if they didn't let the LSF make some of their own decisions that they weren't going to have a AMA soaring nationals. The bottom line is the AMA wants and needs the revenue generated by the SIG's. If your going to allow one SIG to compile their own rules, maneuvers, etc. then all of the SIG's should enjoy the same freedom. We all contribute equally so we should all benefit equally. I think we have a real good and just arguement. I think that we need to talk to some of the other SIG's and see exactly how things were done when they were up against the wall like we are.

We (NSRCA) did this a few years back as well.  When we wanted more
control over the NATS, the AMA blew us off, so we sponsored the NSRCA
Pan American Championships (NPAC), first at Lawrenceville, IL and again
at Tullahoma, TN.  After that, AMA caved and we ran our part of the
Nats.  I'm not suggesting that we do another NPAC, but maybe it's time
to remind them that we are willing and capable of doing something like
NPAC if we feel that our needs aren't being met by the national
organization.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org