Free Flight

Ron Van Putte vanputte at nuc.net
Tue Dec 3 15:20:07 AKST 2002

Buddy Brammer wrote:

> I think the track appeared in 1999. Next thing MA will need to do is
> give 49% of the Mag. contents to R/C Cars. If you look in the Tower
> Hobbies Catalogue and count the pages almost 45% of their pages are for
> R/C cars. I don't know what a race track in Muncie has to do with model
> aviation or who justified or built the track but this could be the next
> big push by AMA after they get all the PARK Flyer pilots to sign up and
> pay AMA dues. Rank and File members don't count they are already paying
> dues. So if marketing trend's mean anything we could be looking at a
> change in name from Academy of Model Aernautics to American Model
> Association. who knows?

I don't know when the R/C car track was built at the AMA site, but 1999
sounds about right.  However, I was dismayed to note this year that it
already shows signs of neglect, with grass starting to grow across the
pavement.  Too bad that so much was spent on it, only to have it start
to fall apart because it's not being taken care of.

Ron Van Putte

# discussion-request at nsrca.org